Saturday 26 March 2016

Lindsay 100 Word Challenge

“One, two, one, two,”I think, my arms aching as I row,  watching the countryside fly by. We’re almost done with practice today; everyone’s tired, hungry and soaking. Taking a quick break, I lie down in the boat to catch my breath. After a quick glare from my rowing team, I groan and pick my oar up. “It’s not long till we get to the dock,” I think. I say aloud,”Hey, want to get some fish and chips after?”

My response is relatively positive, seeing as we’ve been working out. When we get to the dock, everyone performs the daily ritual of cleaning up. I usher everyone into my car, handing out sweet peanut and chocolate energy bars.

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay I love the way you start out your story and you did a great job in writing about the physical strain of rowing as well as the mental strain too. But what a nice ending to all the hard work, some well deserved treats. Nice work using the words in a very creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I didn't know what was a 100 word challenge and now I do.

    From Silvana and Broadlands School.

    ReplyDelete